5 Great Supplements for Immune Health
It’s that time of the year – cold and flu season! Already, there are ads on TV promoting the flu vaccine, but what if you don’t want to get a flu shot? What can you do to support a strong, healthy immune system this fall and winter? Here are 5 great products from Standard Process (SP) that have a proven track record of helping our patients stay healthy and avoiding the cold and flu. Here they are. Please notice the Special Offer at the end!
1. Immuplex is a combination product from SP designed to affect multiple immune organs and increase immune response. This is a heavy hitter! It combines wholefood sources of vitamins A & C & E with vitamin B12 and folic acid. It also has the minerals zinc, copper, chromium, iron, selenium PLUS glandulars from thymus, spleen and liver. Immuplex is great for viral or bacterial infections as well as any impaired immune function that may result from other illness or treatments like chemo.
2. Congaplex is another great combination product from SP. It combines wholefood sources of vitamins A & C plus calcium lactate which is great for supporting the body in acute infection situations. Congaplex also has thymus gland extract and ribonucleic acid (RNA) to further support the immune response. Congaplex comes in tablets and there is Chewable Congaplex (orange flavored) which is great for children or those who have difficulty swallowing pills.
3. Organically Grown Garlic has been used for health and longevity long before germs were even discovered. Garlic contains an amino acid derivative called allin. When eaten, the body converts allin into allicin which is a natural antibiotic. It’s important to eat the whole clove of the garlic and some research suggests you need to wait at least 10 minutes after chopping the garlic before you eat it. This allows for release of the greatest amounts of allin. You could buy organic, whole garlic and eat a clove a day or if you want an easier approach, you can buy it in capsule form from SP.
4. Epimune Complex by SP is a vegetarian formula consisting of Epicor© (a nutritional yeast product), MaitakeGold 404© (proprietary maitake mushroom extract), Coriolus versicolor and Maitike mushroom powders. In addition, Epimune Complex contains Calcium Lactate, Acerola cherry and Zinc. This product is good for colds and flu as well as for improving general immune function. It is also great for support of autoimmune conditions like Lupus or Celiac.
5. Echinacea-C by SP combines the herb Echinacea with Vitamin C to give a one-two punch to microbes. The Echinacea in Echinacea-C is 50% purpurea and 50% angustifolia. Echinacea has been proven to increase phagocytosis by leukocytes, which simply means your white blood cells to a better job of eating the microbes. Echinacea is also known as the purple cone flower and has been used medicinally for centuries by Native Americans. We use it to help with symptoms of tonsillitis, laryngitis and runny nose, sinuses and ears.
Are there other products that support immune function? You bet! But these, in my opinion, are the top five. If you want to know which product is best for your situation, come by the office and I will be happy to discuss it with you. Better yet, make an appointment to get a complete Nutrition Response Testing® analysis that will let us find the exact products to support your body in the best way possible. Just say no to the flu shot! God gave us an immune system that works just fine when you give it the support it needs. To learn more, call the office at 501-842-1004 and ask about attending our next free Public Health Workshop.
SPECIAL OFFER! During the month of October, we are offering any of the above for 25% off! Don’t wait! Come by today and stock up for the long winter ahead. The sooner you start taking them, the better you will feel!