5 Strategies for Optimal Health
Never before in the history of mankind has staying healthy been more of a challenge. Humanity has always had challenges when it comes to survival and well-being, whether it be from saber tooth tigers, worldwide famine or terrible plagues that wipe out millions. But the challenge of staying healthy has never been as great as it is today, in my opinion. On the one hand we have the miracles of modern medicine and health care technology that can save lives in the most precarious of situations and extend life for those with chronic, deadly illness. But on the other hand we have a toxic environment that is poisoning our bodies and a dead food supply that fails to meet basic necessary nutrition for body health. So what can we do? How can you stay healthy in our modern day society? Here are 5 strategies that you can implement to build and maintain optimal health in spite of the modern challenges we face.
1. Eat clean. It is more important than ever to do everything within your power to eat as clean a diet as possible. What does this mean? It means avoiding all processed, packaged foods. These are generally full of toxic preservatives, additives, flavoring and dyes not to mention sugar, artificial sweeteners and fake vitamins. Eat real food! Fresh vegetables and fruits. Quality cuts of beef, pork, chicken, fish, and/or turkey. If you’re vegetarian, make sure to eat plenty of fresh eggs and whole (preferably raw) milk. Eat healthy fats and oils like olive oil, coconut oil, butter, nuts and seeds and avocados.
2. Take whole-food, quality supplements. Most people today realize that it is a good idea to supplement the diet (even a clean diet) with vitamins and minerals. The problem lies in the fact that most vitamin supplements sold in this country are synthetic, manufactured, fake vitamins. When taken, these may give a temporary feeling of well-being and increased energy but over time these fake vitamins will cause serious, deeper nutritional problems to occur. Your supplements need to be from whole-food sources that maintains the complete vitamin complex intact. Avoid all synthetic vitamins!
3. Let water – clean, spring water – be your beverage of choice. By all means, avoid sugary sodas and drinks (including sweet tea), diet sodas and other drinks sweetened with artificial sweeteners. Avoid sports drinks, power drinks, juices and so called “vitamin water”. These are all gimmicks designed to sell products while offering nothing in the way of good health. And while fresh juice has some health benefits, most contain too much sugar for everyday consumption. Again, make clean spring water or filtered water your number one beverage.
4. Avoid taking medications. While there is a time and place for medications, they are something you want to avoid except in extreme situations. We live in a world today that seems to believe “better health through drugs” yet we all innately know that drugs and medications will never lead to long-term health and well-being. Medications (prescription and over-the-counter) should only be used as a last resort when all other approaches have failed.
5. Get regular chiropractic adjustments. One of the key factors to maintaining good health is keeping the communication between the brain and the body working as efficiently as possible. Regular chiropractic care will help keep the nervous system free of interference that can contribute to poor health, sickness and disease. On a personal note, let me say that over the years, the one thing I have done most consistently is get regular chiropractic adjustments. I believe that regular chiropractic care has been the foundation of my good health. Do not underestimate the power of a chiropractic adjustment! Make chiropractic care a part of your efforts to stay as healthy as possible.
Obviously, this list is not all inclusive. There are other things that are important in building and maintaining optimal health but in my experience, these are key factors.
How are you doing in each of these areas? Do you have room for improvement? Are you ready to finally take on your health issues once and for all? Are you ready to take control of your health and your life? If so, we can help! As a natural health care practitioner and chiropractor with over 35 years of experience, I have helped thousands of people live happier, healthier lives. To learn more, call us and make an appointment for your free consultation.