10 Tips for Maintaining a Positive Attitude
The best way to enjoy long-term health, success and happiness is to develop and maintain a positive mental attitude. Keeping a positive attitude in not always easy especially when you consider all the negative people, events and situations we must deal with from time to time. The following tips will help you maintain your great attitude even on the worst days.
1. Don't expect everything to go right just because you have a positive attitude. Bad things may still happen. Remember to RESPOND and not react.
2. A positive attitude must have a solid foundation. Support your attitude with goals and written step-by-step plans.
3. Positive thoughts without positive actions are useless. Do it now!
4. Give yourself a positive support system. Read positive books and magazines. Listen to CD's and tapes. Attend workshops and lectures. Associate with positive people.
5. Give yourself credit for your progress and accomplishments. Catch yourself doing something right. Focus on the good.
6. Motivate others at every opportunity. Give your positive attitude away.
7. Get organized! Set daily goals, use good time management, develop efficient work habits. This will give you a feeling of confidence and self control.
8. Learn to live in the now. All you have is the present moment so enjoy it. Learn from the past and then put it behind you. Don't worry about the future. Live for today.
9. Keep a good sense of humor. Be quick to laugh. Remember, life is serious business not meant to be taken too seriously.
10. Learn to love. Learn to love life, to love growth and to love change. Change is inevitable so learn to accept it and make the best of it.